Photo by freestocks.org on Unsplash
I’m not going to get into how social media has changed our lives, that’s been done. I am here to help you navigate because sometimes it can be very overwhelming. Here are some tips I have learned along the way in my personal and professional life.
- Don’t be scared to show the real you, not the highlight reel. Everyone knows that 99.9% of what they see on social media isn’t real anymore. So be the breath of fresh air for everyone and stay true to yourself. It may be scary to put yourself out there, but believe me – most people will be nodding and saying “same”.
- Show yourself, your likes, dislikes, hobbies. #foodporn is over, show us what makes your heart sing.
- Unfollow people/brands/pages that don’t speak to you, make you feel bad about yourself or have no bearing on your life. I follow pages thinking I need to remember this brand or that I want my style to emulate them, etc. then I realize it doesn’t make me feel good every time I see one of their posts.
- Lift others up. Promote your friends, brands, people you like, admire, find inspiration from. Shout out the good in your life – on and offline.
- Comment and engage with other people, strangers even! Provide feedback, give someone a high five, tell them their content rocks.
Bottom line: BE YOU. Online and off.