Wedding planning does not have to be stressful! Here are some tips on keeping your cool and having the best day ever.
- Keep it simple. Fewer things to worry about is more beneficial to you, your mental state and your wallet.
- Do everything now. When vendors told me I had lots of time I laughed and kept pushing. Some of them would drag their feet, but I stayed persistent. I reminded them that they may have done a lot of weddings, but this is my first (and I’m paying) so I want to know things now and have things figured out sooner rather than later. Our engagement was 22 months long, so we had lots of time to plan and get a lot done up front. This opened up a lot of time and energy to be ready for last minute things and spending time with family.
- Get a planner or coordinator. You should have 0 responsibilities that day….0!!! Get gorgeous and let the cards fall as they may.
- Keep your eye on the prize – you’re marrying the man/woman of your dreams.
- Don’t listen to people. They either don’t get your vision or are jealous and negative. It took me a long time to get to this point, but people suck. Keep to what you want and don’t even ask people their opinions.
- Rely on your partner – they can help! They care and they can provide a laugh or 3.
You got this! Remember to enjoy every moment leading up to the day and the big day itself.